Deluding myself in an attempt to be tough…A busy domestic day!…

Broken Horn can’t get enough visits to our garden, even napping when he needs a restful break.

Of course, I wouldn’t say I like to whinge about this and that in posts. But, we always promised to be honest, vulnerable, and tell it like it is. Our readers couldn’t say that we see the world through rose-colored glasses and try to paint a picture of us always being tough and robust.

Yes, there are times we are tough and robust. As I’ve gone through the corrections these past few days, rereading every post about when I had open-heart surgery, I’m reminded of how tough, and strong we’ve been. I experienced an awful recuperation requiring more surgery during the summer heat here in Marloth Park with no aircon in the living areas and many power outages at night.

A giraffe was munching on treetops in Marloth Park.

Today, on this hot day with the hole in my mouth still hurting, mozzies seeking out my flesh, leaving me unable to sit outdoors, I am stuck in the bedroom with the fan. It is sweltering, and the mozzies are on a rampage on the veranda. Tom sprayed, but they won’t quit biting me even with loads of repellent on, so I had to come indoors to sit on the bed with only the fan. I don’t want to use the electricity required to run the aircon during the day since we use enough at night to sleep.

It will be 100F (38C) within an hour, and the oven has been on while I was baking Tom’s muffins, now a weekly routine. I’d rather he’d eat homemade muffins instead of the chemical-laden junk in the market. But, today, on this hot day, the house feels like an oven after the actual range was on for over an hour, making two batches of muffins.

Tiny has yet to visit since we returned from the US at the end of July. I look for him each day. We hope to see him before we leave again.

Not only did I make a double batch of blueberry muffins, but I did three loads of laundry; I made everything for dinner, including a big batch of sweet and sour cabbage, which is cooking now, and seasoned the pork chops for Tom and the chicken breasts for me.

I’ve continued with the corrections in the past several days, with 45 days left to go. I’ve tried to pick up the pace to get done before we leave in 36 days, but I’d have to do them into the night, and I have no desire to be working in the evenings.

This project has kept me on my computer from morning until 4:00 pm (1600 hrs) every day when I throw my hands in the air and stop for the evening. Yesterday, our web developer wrote to tell me I have to start working on the new SEO posts. I explained that I couldn’t begin until we were settled in the US after I had finished all of the corrections.

Two zebras in the road on the way to Jabula for dinner.

Recently, amid all this work, I finally got our taxes done and sent them to our accountant in Nevada. At least that nagging task is off of my mind, that was looming for many months.

The hole in my mouth where the tooth was extracted is still very sore. It’s only been 48 hours since it was removed. I need to be patient. The Advil-type pills I have to take every six hours require I do so only after eating. I don’t eat every six hours when I’m rarely hungry other than dinnertime.

Last night, around 2:00 am, when the pain awoke me, I had to go to the kitchen to eat some sour cream to coat my stomach before taking the pill. It had been eight hours since I’d eaten anything. I don’t eat during the night, ever! This same thing happened this morning when I had no interest in eating upon awakening and, again, had to get something into my stomach before taking the pill. Again, I swallowed a few tablespoons of sour cream.

A giraffe with uneven ossicones! I wish I’d gotten a better photo of his teeth!

I will be happy when the pain is gone, and I can eat when I’m hungry, as always, and won’t have trouble chewing as I have over the past many months since that molar started hurting, after the root canal was done,  and now with the darned thing extracted.

Ah, listen to me whinge. Sorry about that. Tomorrow will be a better day. The temperature is supposed to drop dramatically tomorrow for a high of 75F (24C), and hopefully, I’ll be further along with the improvement in my mouth.

Several of our friends and readers have written that they’ve contracted with Covid-19 after being vaccinated. So far, their cases, although uncomfortable, haven’t been severe. We pray for their imminent recovery and the safety of those who’ve yet decided to get the jab.

Have a pleasant day! I promise to be more cheerful tomorrow!

Photo from one year ago today, September 15, 2020:

This photo was posted one year ago while in lockdown in a hotel in Mumbai, India, on day #176 while dining in a cave in Kenya in 2013. Another view of the seating areas in the bar, depicting somewhat of a Moroccan theme, which was ahead for us at this point when we’d booked a holiday home in Marrakesh, Morocco, a mere six months later. For more photos, please click here.

Comments and responses Deluding myself in an attempt to be tough…A busy domestic day!…

  1. Peggy Vanden Burg Reply

    All life as ups and downs. We just have to get up when we are down and lift ourselves up. Over and over again if need be. Hang in there! We’ll be fine!

    • worldwide-admin Post authorReply

      Peggy, I have no doubt you will all be fine. Know that we are sending good thought your way with love and concern.

      Jess & Tom

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *