Shortly, at 8:00 am, Umer is picking us up for our day’s outing to see the sights.
Still under the weather after two days on the Z-Pak antibiotics and with much disappointment, I won’t be able to go to the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa. With my ears popping when we used the elevator to go to breakfast, going down and then back up to the 47th floor of our condo, it took all day to unplug my head. I can only imagine 124 floors causing even more distress.
The minor consolation is the fact that we won’t be paying the $100 fee for two to go to the top to the building’s observation tower.
If we’d had more time here, we would have waited longer to go sightseeing. Although many of the symptoms of the illness have diminished, I’m left with an awful headache and still feeling weak.
But, leaving here in five days to fly away, I have a daunting packing job ahead of me; dispose of more clothing so we can get rid of two duffel bags and down to our ideal goal of one large suitcase, one carry on bag, one laptop bag each and my handbag. This way we’ll comply with the 66 pound maximum per person. Tomorrow, after sharing our story and photos, this process will begin.
By the way, we got the bid back from the shuttle company, after we’d already rented a car from Venice, to take us the four hour drive to Tuscany. Ironically, the distance and time was about the same when we arrived and left Belize. The bid: US $849, one way. When we used the private shuttle in Belize it was $150 each way. Guess we are in for some pricey experiences in Italy over the summer. The rental car was $868 per month.
It’s now time to go meet Umer outside near the parking ramp. There’s no way he can maneuver his vehicle through the construction zone to pick us up at the front of the building.
We’ll be back tomorrow with hopefully, much to tell.